Managing the pages to reduce the file size

I would like to ask for you help on how to solve the current problem that I have. I am a newbie using this platform and when I try to build the app it was at around 174mb. I am wondering if how can I reduce the number of pages that I have. The only logic that I know as of now is open another page. Most of the other pages only contain 1 image that was only triggered by a button to open it. I attached the sample of the project that I am doing, hoping you can help me

If you want to delete a page:

1. Navigate to the desired page
  2. In the ‘Properties’ tab on the right press “Remove Page”

Thanks for noticing. I was thinking of a way to reduce the number of pages. Is there a way that I can just put all the contents in one page and use some actions or logic. Sorry was not knowledgeable enough on the platform.

Well it depends on your app, you can always use ‘Open page’ flow function to navigate between pages to avoid having multiple copies of the same page. Also AppGyver natively supports the ‘Back’ button on mobile phones, so you can also switch between pages that way.

You can make one page with all the content of the other pages in a conditional renderer and set what you want visible with the variables for the active tab in the conditional renderer.

I understand, what you want is to put all that, in a single page, the content of all pages, assuming that they are those of the photos, instead of having several pages, and that when a person presses a button, it takes him to that information, and that information is shown and hides the other data.

This can be done through variants and play with hide or show, all that information is put in separate containers (but on a single page) and give a name to each container as if you were making separate pages as in the photo and is a longer process.

But I warn you: If you do that process it doesn’t matter the same amount of the weight of the application, if you are going to have the same information. For the app to compile with less weight, you should better use all that information in an Api Rest to not save anything in the client storage when it is installing it.

I think the best option is the one that @Kirill_Leventcov gives you where he tells you to use the “Open Page” function (That means that you should make pages like the one you have in the picture, it is less complicated and more organized that way) and when you are on that page, open the “Logic” function and put the “Navigate Back” component to return to where they pressed the button or leave it by default without any of that and let the Mobile do its job with the default back button and automatically fall back to the page where the client was.

You should optimize the image if you want the app to weigh less.

And I recommend FIGMA or a sketch on paper so you know how many pages you will really need, and if you want them in order, you can do as in this example: 001 Home, 002 Menu, 003 About us, etc…

And this way you don’t get lost when linking that page from the open button.

1 Like

thanks. It is a bit clearer now for me. Actually I started building my app just following on youtube (AppGyver tutorial to design an AWESOME tasty hamburger menu - YouTube)so I don’t have any idea on the other function like Open page flow. ) I tried to enable the navigation menu and manage to add some page but I dont have any idea on how to access the pages to put the image that I want.

@Diagonal_Movil that is actually my goal try to lessen up the pages hoping that the size of my app can be uploaded on the playstore. As of the moment it is at around 174mb. If I will try to use the Open page function and will just put it on a single page will it make the app size smaller?

I’m kinda new on all of these stuffs and also I don’t have any idea on the Api Rest that you have mentioned.

I am finding a way to reduce the size of the app if you can recommend a best way to do it.

It is not much that will reduce if you put everything on a single page, do a little test and compile more or less the same features and the same results, in both ways gave me almost the same MB.

About the REST APIs I understand you, it is something to learn, but it is very effective so that the APP does not weigh too much.

Here I leave you a link that also talks a bit about the increase of memory when compiling and the reason for its increase (They know that the community has already passed this information about it):

thank you so much. I tried the AAB format and it a smaller size.

1 Like