Memory access in an Android build

Our app uses device memory to keep the credentials token during the token’s life span. This permits the user to go straight to the main page without the need to log in every time. This arrangement works well in Preview. However, when we build the app for Android it fails to access the device memory. Are there any permission parameters we need to set in the build to allow this? At the moment we he have the following permissions set: Camera, Write_External_Storage, and Read_External_Storage.
Thank you

Hmm, what flow are you using for storing the token in the device’s memory? The flow itself should include the permission, but if it doesn’t, I can help you to find the correct permission and see if we can fix the bug.

Mevi, thank you for your prompt response. Here is a brief description of what i am trying to do:

When I log in for the first time, I save to device memory the security token I receive from the server. I use the Set Item to Storage flow function , as shown below.
image4.jpeg

On subsequent logins, i read the token from device memory using the Get Item from Storage flow function.
image5.jpeg

If the token has not expired, the app becomes immediately available, otherwise, the user is obligated to log in anew.

The process is very simple and it works well in the app viewer, but when i compile it for Android, the token fails to store in memory and the user is forced to log in every time.

Your help solving this problem will be greatly appreciated

Mevi, I wonder if you have had the time to look into this issue, which is very important to us. We would like to release our app to the client as soon as possible. As always, I am very appreciative of your support.

Mevi, thank you for your prompt response. Here is a brief description of what i am trying to do:

When I log in for the first time, I save to device memory the security token I receive from the server. I use the Set Item to Storage flow function , as shown below.
image4.jpeg

On subsequent logins, i read the token from device memory using the Get Item from Storage flow function.
image5.jpeg

If the token has not expired, the app becomes immediately available, otherwise, the user is obligated to log in anew.

The process is very simple and it works well in the app viewer, but when i compile it for Android, the token fails to store in memory and the user is forced to log in every time.

Your help solving this problem will be greatly appreciated

image5.jpeg

On the build version, have you checked on a test device to see what permissions are allowed?

I have been able to keep a user logged in simply by setting the app variable. I dont even use the device storage. It has been working fine on builds and preview. Web, too.

These are the permissions available in the Compiler for Android.

image0.jpeg

At the moment, I have requested permission for Camera, Write_external_storage and Read_external_storage.

The app otherwise works great under Android. It just doesn’t retain data in device memory.

If you wish to review the app, the id is 375926

Regards,

Adolfo

Thank you for your prompt answer. I asume the app variable option works if you do not turn off the app. However, in our case, users will usually turn off the app, sometimes for a day or two.

Adolfo

Just so I understand this correctly, this is working for you fine on Android Preview, but the same part is failing to work when you build a standalone app from Build Service? I’ll see if I’m able to reproduce this issue :thinking:

1 Like

Thank you for your help, Mevi. Yes, it works fine in the Preview, but it fails when i compile the app into an .apk file.

Adolfo