Open Video Player - Open local video file

Hello, AG, I’m new here.

I’m trying to using the “Open video Player” to play a local video in the apps on an Android Tablet.
I downloaded the video as .mp4 in the local download folder, and also saved a copy in the SD card download folder.

I tried the following one by one in the “Video Source” as inputs:
file:///sdcard/Download/Step231.mp4
“file:///sdcard/Download/Step231.mp4”
/storage/emulated/0/Download/Step231.mp4
“/storage/emulated/0/Download/Step231.mp4”

But none of them works. If I click the button I set to trigger the “Open Video Player” block, the tablet will turn to a black screen without any video content showing?

Btw, I can play the video directly on the device without a problem.

OK, I tried to use the following web link as a video source:

https://www.learningcontainer.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/sample-mp4-file.mp4

But still failed to playback the video in the app previewer.
I also tried the above on my android phone (Pixel 5), and get the same result as on the android tablet.

Are there any good examples on how to use the “Open video Player” block? I can’t find any…Please help!

After several tries…I solved all the problems myself :rofl:

If the video is from the file system, the “Video source” can be a static value like: /storage/emulated/0/Download/Step231.mp4
However, you will need to grant the media file access right to Appgyer Previewer in the android system. (Which I didn’t, that’s the reason I encounter the problem before)
But that being said, some other blocks, like the “take a photo” block will pop up a window to ask the user to grant access, which “Open video player” never asked.

If the video is from the web, the “Video source” can be a static value like:
https://file-examples-com.github.io/uploads/2017/04/file_example_MP4_480_1_5MG.mp4
But apparently, for some reason, the link I used before not works, not sure why…

Also, to Appgyer developer:

1. I can’t find the “close button” even I set it to be Ture.
  2. It would be nice if, in the future, we could have the video player embedded in the page instead of popup and occupy the whole screen.
  3. Thanks a lot for your great works!