"Open web browser" modal

Hello, Im attempting to use the “Open web browser” flow function (screenshot example below), and I had a question about security. I am wanting to link this to a freelancing site which would enable a user to enter their credit card to purchase a service. I wanted to ask how this handles security. If the user clicks and the modal opens, does the modal have security it place, or is there a risk of any kind to the user if they are suing a secure site and entering their credit card while in the modal?

Hello,

On mobile this flow function opens up a webview, which is essentially a system browser.
Assuming you trust AppGyver app, and your user trusts you, then it’s secure for them so long as you specify a https:// URL and the site being opened has HTTPS configured properly.

If you use the web preview, then the site just gets opened in a new tab, so you can easily see site information including HTTPS status.

I hope this helped :slight_smile:

Thank you for this. When you say trust Appgvyer, I am essentially worried about information that could be compromised in this modal so I wanted to ask the likelihood or possibility of this.

Thank you for this. When you say trust Appgvyer, I am essentially worried about information that could be compromised in this modal so I wanted to ask the likelihood or possibility of this.