Page Parameter of App Variable

Hi Appgyver,

I have around 15 pages that sends information, that users select, from 1 page to another. On every page they can chose options to narrow down their search but also see the result of their choices up until this point, if choosing to do so.

The information comes from an online database and all information is passed on by page parameters. I have around 30 parameters running through the pages. The parameters that can be updated, depending on what button is pressed, gets a new “value” when a button is pressed, the others are just linked to a previous pages.

It all works but I am not sure if this is the best way of doing it or I should be using app variables instead?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hey!

There is not that much difference, it is mostly up to how you prefer on organizing your data. The main difference in the different variable options in Composer is just their different contexts. Since page parameters only work in the context of that specific page there might be less risk to get the parameters mixed up and used in wrong places. Also, the fact that the open page flow function requires the parameter lessens the chance of forgetting to define it.

On the other hand, 30 page parameters is quite a lot so one object type app variable with 30 properties would allow you to store and access all of the choices in one place. Also as its context includes the whole app, it gives a bit more flexibility in case you want to change parameters anywhere in the app.

So there’s not one best or a most efficient way to do this, it’s just up to what you feel is most clear for you and your development! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you @Cecilia for your reply.

In that case, I think I will keep it as it is. It is working so better just leave it :grinning:

1 Like