Pages are no longer Available (Open Page, Replace Page)

Please help me. This just happened today, when I try to assign a Page for Open Page or Replace Page flow functions it shows all my Pages as Unavailable???

No Value…
Capture

Select Binding Type?

Then it shows all of them Unavailable…

But all my Pages are right here…

So what is this problem?

APP ID: 204685

Nevermind … it just seems to be an issue with setting a navigation Page from inside a Composite View component’s isolation mode… I can get around it by copy & pasting a correct Open Page flow function into it, without needing to set the Page internally.

Yes, I remember that one. I just converted it to a regular container to get around that limitation. As far as I’m aware, containers vs. composites really make no difference in the end.

@JOHN_WORSHAM,

Question from Newbie here. What page parameters do you connect your pages with?

I can’t seem to navigate to the next page after registration even though my logic flow has the ‘open page’ component, and I have included a page parameter ‘email’ in both pages.

Maybe I can try. I can’t say 100% without seeing a screenshot of your flow logic – not to mention, different backends have different protocols – but from what you’re saying, it sounds like you might be missing a “Dismiss Initial View” logic component in your flow. You’ll find it in the Marketplace and it does appear to be a critical component of registration/login functions. This, essentially, brings your app to the next priority page after user registration/login has occurred, such as a user’s profile.

I’ll also add that ‘page parameters’ don’t play a role in our setup with Backendless, so I’m assuming you’re using a backend which requires those. Perhaps, you might elaborate.

Hey @Dominik_Greene , thanks for your reply.

Here’s a ss of my logic flow:

Here’s a ss of the right toolbar of the ‘Open Page’ component on the registration page (1st page) (I’ve labelled the parameter objectID, value in text) :

thanks for your help Dominik!

Like what you suggested, I went to insert ‘Dimiss Initial View’ component.

SS as below:

it worked! Is this mentioned in any tutorial by any chance? i must have missed it… :frowning:

THANK YOU @Dominik_Greene :DDDD

1 Like

Hey, glad that worked for you! I was actually going to share a similar screenshot before I realized that something broke in the last few weeks with our own registration logic. So now, I’m on to fiddling and fixing that. That’s something you do have to watch out for. :slight_smile:

Are you successfully pulling data from your backend to the next page (like a profile or whatever is opened after registering) for your user?

Noted on that.

I’ve yet to reach the stage whereby i reflect the data from backend to the frontend.
Currently, still at the stage of inputting data from frontend → backend.

Do you have some tips regarding that stage? =DD

Oh, and as for your second question of any tutorials instructing to use the Dismiss logic… apparently not. There were two tutorials available for connecting with Backendless (our backend) that we drew from, and ultimately, neither of them suggested that. It was researching here on the forums that we even learned of Dismiss. Oh, well.

I see i see…

Do you work in Backendless?

Your replies are super fast!

No, I would’ve definitely been ethically obliged to disclose if I did work for them. :wink: Backendless is just our current choice for a backend, so I can really only speak on them so far – hence, why I was asking what backend you were using. Again, different backends, different protocols.

We only started working with our backend about a month ago, so we’re still learning ourselves. We’ve got populating the profile page with the user’s bio information down. That’s done through a GET API connected to app variables. Now, we’re working to set up a PUT API to update said information while editing their profile. It has proven… a bit tricky.

Unless you’ve already done so, I’d suggest getting your login and logout functions set up before worrying about the more complex things. :slight_smile:

Yea, i’m using backendless too. Their replies are lightning fast!

I’m a newbie who knows zilch about code >.< so yea learning from scratch in this low-code envt. Can’t imagine what we have to go thru if we had to write code.

Noted on the login and logout functions. Will check them out once I complete my tasks today.

In that case, I’ll drop the two tutorials we drew from to get our backend set up with them. The first is the official tutorial from Backendless. However, I would currently only use it for getting ideas and tips from. For some reason, following the Register tutorial with them did not work – to be fair, though, I didn’t know about the “Dismiss Initial View” logic at that time, so maybe that was why.

The second tutorial set seems to be the OG source, if you will. We did actually learn to plug Dismiss into this one, so it’s our current setup and does work.
https://symmetricdynamite.gitbook.io/backendless-appgyver/

Both sources have other tutorials on making different kinds of calls through APIs, so definitely take a look-see when you have a chance.

Fun fact: Logging your user out is actually the easiest thing you’ll do once you have login/registration set up. It’s, basically, a button anywhere on your auth-only pages with this flow setup:

You can get both logic components shown on the Marketplace just like the Dismiss one. :slight_smile: I’m off to bed now. Take care, Troy.

Wow thanks for sharing @Dominik_Greene. Unfortunately, the screenshot can’t load. Which components are those?

Have a good rest, you take care too!

Good morning. Let’s see if it works when I reupload it:

If not, the flow is: “Component tap” → “Delete item from storage” → “Return to initial view”

Noted on that. thanks Dominik!

My turn to be sleeping soon hahahaha. Singapore time. Whereabouts you from?

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

And enjoying life down here in Georgia, USA.

1 Like

@Dominik_Greene by any chance you know about updating records?

I could successfully Create Record of email, password, username, birthdate (On RUN TEST @ Data config, web)

But moving on to Update Record within the web (RUN TEST @ Data Config), there’s a prob.

Resource URLs are the same: https://apibackendless.com/APIcodes/users/register
For relative path and response key path at Create Record tab, I left them empty.
For the relative path and response key path at Update Record tab, I put them as /{objectId} and objectId respectively.

HTTP headers are the same with Content-Type and application/json.

I’m guessing the prob could lie with the resource URL or relative path but can’t seem to solve it.

:sob:

That’s what we’re studying right now and, chances are, you’ll figure it out before we do. If you do, don’t be shy about sharing your method. I’m assuming with “Update Record”, you’re trying to allow the user to edit their profile and the like. I’m actually quite curious if a new API is necessary or if you can just plug the Update PUT function into the existing API for your currentUser auth.