Pagination and local storage

Hi All,

Finally back to working with Appgver again.

Quick overview:
My app saves a simple list of string data to local storage.
I don’t want to use an external DB yet.

This list can grow to a hundred or so.

Still trying to figure out how to auto delete the strings to limit the list from growing too large.
The user does have the option to delete the strings manually.

As the amount of strings grows the app slows down very badly.
This is expected.

Which brings me to my question:
Is there a way to break up the amount of strings displayed on the screen with pagination or some other function to limit the number strings displayed.

Just using ‘Repeat with’ → SORT_BY_KEY(SELECT(data.SavedString1, item.isFav==true),“sortByDateTime”,“desc”)

Thank you,
TT

Or any documentation on just limiting how much of the list results is being displayed would be great. thx

Hi, Do you have any key fields like serial number? If yes, you can use that right.

Thank you for the response.
Just the ID, trying out SLICE(my original code), 0, 10) and it is working to limit what is displayed and improve performance, just need to figure out how to setup buttons to move to the next group and and the previous group.
Thanks,
TT

Think what I might do now is determine how many records can be viewed per a given container size, then divide that number into the total number records and use those values to somehow create forward and back buttons :), one quest ends a new one begins.

Exactly! I was typing the same. If 10 items in a list and you need to display 4 per page. Then create a list of page item details.

[1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10] —> [ [1,2,3,4],[5,6,7,8],[9,10]]

based on overall list index you can change the data source to repeat