Play Store APK permission

Hello,

I am trying to create a release for Play Store and I’m getting an error

Your app has an apk with version code 1003 that requests the permission: android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE. Apps using this permission in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set.

When configuring the build I haven’t included any extra permissions from the list.
Is it any way to fix this or do I have to create a privacy policy? If so, how can I see all the permissions the app is asking for?

Thank you.

Nevermind, the beta version worked

There is no beta version for me

@Henrique_Carvalho Did you get this sorted? We’re just uploading our first Android build and got the same error message:

Your app has an apk with version code 1 that requests the following permissions: android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE, android.permission.CAMERA. Apps using these permissions in an APK are required to have a privacy policy set.

Our build has the camera permissions selected but there is no read phone state?

@Mevi Are you able to provide some direction? I believe it just the privacy policy that needs to be set, however are there any plans on upgrading the code to v2 so this isnt required?

Hi! Google Play Store requires a privacy policy whenever “sensitive permissions” are used, in which Camera is included.

As for READ_PHONE_STATE, the reasons to require that permission can be found here.

1 Like