Possible to get AppGyver Auth user group?

Trying out this amazing product :wink:

Just wondering if it is possible to get AppGyver Auth user group from the app variables? Currently I am just getting user email and other things I cannot easily tie to any kind of role management.

The user groups should be included under the groups key in the Current user output of Authenticate user/Validate current session flow functions, but looks like they are not included in the appVars.currentUser schema. Need to fix it!

In the meanwhile, you can see the schema of the groups array via e.g. debugger or just alerting outputs["Authenticate user (AppGyver Auth)"].currentUser.groups and add it to your currentUser app variable schema manually.

3 Likes

Did you already get a fix on it? I wanted to use the user groups but it isn’t in my appVars.currentUser schema. I tried to fix it by myself but it says that a list of unknown types is not assignable to a list of text (or any other list i tested).

Plus 1 on this request.

I can add it to the app variable, but I can’t seem to figure out how to set it. Can you advise on the steps to do so??

Did you figure out how to get this to work? could you show example?

Hi! What do you mean “set it”? The information of groups comes from the groups the user is in, as configured in the Auth tab.

I mean add it to (“set it”) the app variables object.

I have tried both adding groups to the app variable object and using the [“Authenticate user (AppGyver Auth)”].currentUser.groups in the page. Neither works. Can you clarify how I can check this value globally within the app?

@Mevi See post I just added

If you alert the result of the output from Authenticate user (AppGyver Auth), what do you get? (do it with a formula like ENCODE_JSON(outputs["Authenticate user (AppGyver Auth)"].currentUser))

Is there a video on how to set up and use Athentication with AppGyver?

@Kevin_Luke: There is something about this in this video, you can review it to get some idea: Google Firebase Authentication in AppGyver- #DIY-13 - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you! Do you know if it covers using the App Gyvers in house Auth?

I’m guessing the Direct third party authentication isn’t in house and to use the in house version you have to be on a paid plan with app gyver?

Maybe I should refame my question. I’m building a freemium app. So i’m trying to keep the cost down. What is the best way to set up athentication for the lowest cost. Firebase, AppGyver Inhouse Auth, Baserow, supabase??

Firebase is better for authentication; and on the API side, I would go for Baserow or Supabase. Firebase is better for authentications and Google’s free plan is fine, plus support is great.

1 Like

I am using Xano (backend) with AppGyver and it’s great. Xano is mind blowing if you haven’t check it out. I “rolled my own” authentication after playing around with AppGyver’s… I didn’t see any benefits in AppGyver’s auth and it was causing some unpredictable results. Auth is actually really easy to build yourself in AppGyver anyway.

Is it sustainable to have the Auth in app? Also, is there a video or resource on how to do that?

Is there a resource that it’ll teach you how to use the API for Supabase with AppGyver. I tried using it but couldn’t get the api url to work with AppGyver