Power-up: Lists & Repeats

242 / 5000
Hello,
In the video https://docs.appgyver.com/appgyver-academy/tutorials/power-ups/power-up-lists-and-repeats page variable/fruits(listwith object with two property) Does not accept initial value input. How do I input initial value? Thanks.

Hi, you can use the gear icon in the right sidebar and select “Initialize with a value” from the dropdown, then select “Add a value” from the bottom.

Thank you very much for your help Mari, but I have another difficulty. My search filter its range is the “initial value”, and it works without problems. but the “initial value” has to be entered manually. Please, it is possible to input the “initial value” through an “input field”.
Example: av/employees(list of 2 objects):id(tx),name_av(tx);
/additionalvalue/container1/name=curitiba;/container2/name= rio de janeiro;/container3/name= são paulo;
/namefilter(tx);
The “initial values”: curitiba, rio de janeiro and são paulo were entered manually; I do, however, need to feed this list with an “input field”. Thanks :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:.

Hi, I’m not really following what you want to do here, could you provide a screenshot so I can understand the use case better?

Good afternoon “initial value” has to be entered manually. Please, it is possible to enter the “initial value” via an “input field”… :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hi, you can create an input field and bind it to a single text value, but if you want multiple values in a list, then maybe an input field with an “add” button would work to add several values. In this case you can use “Set page variable” and WITH_ITEM formula to add to the existing list after “Component tap” of the button. :slight_smile:

Does not work search as in https://docs.appgyver.com/reference/component-gallery/searchable-list

Help me please :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Hi, the CONTAINS formula you have will always be true. What it does now is that it checks if the first item in data.lista is the same as itself.

If you have a search word pageVars.search bound to the input field, you can set the visibility of a single item in the list to:

CONTAINS(LOWERCASE(repeated.current.name), LOWERCASE(pageVars.search))

Thank you very much for your precious help. Please see the photos. With the photo settings displayed how can I activate my search to find the item on any line. Thank you very much.

Hi, you’ll need to use repeated.current.name in the visibility formula instead of data.list[n].name, so it populates the name dynamically for each repeated item.

Thank you very much for your help but using in visible the contain didn’t filter, however I was testing the formula and it worked in text. Anyway, I couldn’t do it without your help, as I looked for videos and tutorials, and they were incomplete and complex. Thank you so much for your help, I love you so much. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like