Problem with opening Page from initial view

I created a news page. When i try to open this page from inital view with a list component, it opens the page but no data is loaded.
On News page i used the News Feed component (a bit modified) and it works mostly fine when i already signed in.

This is how it looks:

And this is how it should look (without the + Button:

Also there is a bug with Align Self of the List component. I set it to “Align this horizontally to the left”. In Web version it works fine, but in Android preview it still uses the full width.

Hi, that does seem strange. Where is the data fetched from? Does this only happen when the user is not signed in?

Most of the bugs at my app seem strange :laughing:
Data is fetched with formula: REVERSE(MAP(data.News, {excerpt: item.description, headline: item.title, imageURL: item.image, Date: FORMAT_DATETIME_WITH_TIMEZONE(item.date, "DD.MM.YYYY - HH:MM", "Europe/Berlin")})) (Cause of this formula the listing is now reversed like in image)
And data is only not shown, if you open this page from initial view (so the user is not signed in)
Also there is a problem that the excerpt is not shown, if there is no image in news. (as seen above at "Test News 3) and the image of the first news is not shown. Don’t know why. Because before it worked.

Hmm okay, let’s try to get to the bottom of this!

Is the News data resource independent of any details of the user, so that anyone should be able to view that? Is the News data variable itself empty or is it just the result of the formula that is empty? (you can check this by for example creating a view component that displays anything in data.News and checking if it’s empty or not)

What does your News card look like on the view canvas? Are you just straight forward using current.image and current.excerpt in a repeat or doing something more complex?

Is the News data resource independent of any details of the user, so that anyone should be able to view that?

The news data resource should be independent from user data. But i’m using appgyver auth to let the user login.

Is the News data variable itself empty or is it just the result of the formula that is empty? (you can check this by for example creating a view component that displays anything in data.News and checking if it’s empty or not)

i created a paragraph that displays all of data.News data. But at initial view it also was empty.

What does your News card look like on the view canvas? Are you just straight forward using current.image and current.excerpt in a repeat or doing something more complex?

I’m using this formula: REVERSE(MAP(data.News, {excerpt: item.description, headline: item.title, imageURL: item.image, Date: FORMAT_DATETIME_WITH_TIMEZONE(item.date, "DD.MM.YYYY - HH:MM", "Europe/Berlin")})) But without this formula it doesn’t work there, too.
a few month before i had the same problem with an other component i’m not longer using. Everytime i didn’t got any data at initial view. Nethertheless which component i’m using.

I tried reproducing the issue by adding AppGyver Auth to an app with some test data, but for me it loads correctly (both when “allow page to be opened without authentication” is on, and after “Dismiss initial view” flow function) :thinking: Does the issue occur every time the user is not logged in, and never when they are?

My initial view is only used at before the user is logged in. And there it doesn’t work. So later i can try if it also occures when opening an initial view while being logged in.

I tried to create a button to with Flow Funcion Return to initial View, but it doesn’t open the initial view, so i couldn’t test it.

Alright, so right now you have the “allow page to be opened without authentication” toggle on for the news page? And when the user logs in and initial view is dismissed, the news page is shown correctly?

Yes, that’s correct.

Hi, can I please still get your app ID so I can check what’s happening here? :slight_smile:

Sure…
App-ID: 177865

Hi, I checked your app and the issue is due to the type of data resource you are using for the news. At the moment when using AppGyver Cloud Storage, the session always needs to be authenticated for the data resource to work (in apps without authentication by login there is an anonymous session that is started when the app opens). This will change in an upcoming update, which is still a few months away. Another option for now would be to set up a custom backend for the news and configure them as a REST API resource.

1 Like

I already thought that was the problem. Thanks for checking it. I hope the month will go over fast :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I only using this for private with a few friends, so it does not make sense to buy a custom backend.

1 Like