Repeating a button X times

Hi,

I’m fairly new to AppGyver. I’m working on a book database, and I’m trying to see If I can repeat a component e.g a button up to certain number of times (defined by a App level variable).

In my case I have number of pages of the book defined in an app level variable e.g 15 pages, and I would like to create X buttons on the page, so that users can click on a page and go page specific details.

Thank you in advance.

Hi, welcome to the community!

If you have a number of pages set in an app variable appVars.pages = 15 and a data resource containing all the pages as objects BookPages, you can take e.g. the first 15 items from the list with SLICE(data.BookPages, 0, appVars.pages - 1) (see documentation).

Then you can repeat the buttons with that list to display individual items, this tutorial is pretty good for how to do that part. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response Mari.
In my case the pages are not individually listed in the database table, I just have the total number of pages and I needed to generate buttons for that.
Anyway I got it done with the help of following tutorial…
https://docs.appgyver.com/appgyver-academy/tutorials/tutorial-articles/button-with-loading-indicator

1 Like