Rest API Config for an Airtable Delete Record

Hi all, I have been able to master the Get Collection, Get Record and Create Record options in the Data Configurator. However, I cannot get a Delete Record to work on the run Test Option.

In the AIrtable API documention, the example for a delete record looks as so.

EXAMPLE REQUEST

curl -v -X DELETE https://api.airtable.com/v0/appL0xrHjGObJdmfL/Playground \
  -H "Authorization: Bearer YOUR_API_KEY" \
  -G \
  --data-urlencode 'records[]=recPoFtJ1TTEtLrjI' \
  --data-urlencode 'records[]=rec8kw4zTRqmOkgdr'

EXAMPLE RESPONSE

{
    "records": [
        {
            "id": "recPoFtJ1TTEtLrjI",
            "deleted": true
        },
        {
            "id": "rec8kw4zTRqmOkgdr",
            "deleted": true
        }
    ]
}

Does my configuration look correct?

I keep getting a Status 422 - records must be an array of up to 10 record id’s. What is the format for passing an Array of records to a Delete request?

Thanks for the help as I cannot seem to get it to work!

Hmm I’ve never used delete with an array, so I’m not sure if you can delete multiple items, but at least you should be able to change the schema so that it’s an array it sends to the rest API and not an Object by going to the Schema tab and adding a custom schema where it’s an array of Objects. This is kind of annoying to do as you have to configure each of the fields that you need separately, but it should work. let me know if you try it and it works!

Thanks for the nudge Mevi. I was able to successfully delete one record at at time, which is all I currently need to do.

For reference, the config looks as follows

(I removed the ? after /playground, I think this was causing some problems)

Also, as per the documentation, there is no request body needed for a delete request and so no schema is set.

1 Like