REST API Get Collection vs. Get Record

I have successfully configured a GET Collection, but I’m having trouble Getting a record out of it using an id.

I copied & pasted the id properly, and I’m getting a 401 error : Unauthorized.

I’m brand new and eager to learn.

Thanks!

Not easy to understand, what you are experiencing. You might like to add screenshots.

As it is working for GET Collection but not for GET Record, I assume that you have no security rules in your database, that might block the request. Do you get the record, if you enter the URL in an empty window of your brwoser?

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. Here are some screenshots that might be helpful:

Get Collection:

Here’s my base configuration:

The test gives me what I’m looking for:

But when I use the id from that test to get a specific record, I cannot,

Get record configuration:

Testing with the id from my successful collection test:

Finally, to answer your question, I do not have success when I try to type that URL into a black browser. Here’s what I get:

You are not getting a collection of objects, but a list of objects. Indication ist that a list starts with " [ ".
That is also like they show it in the docs at the-odds-api.com :

Thank you for the follow up there. I did not understand there was a difference between a collection of objects and a list of objects.

My goal is to display three pieces of information from each team for each game (h2h, spreads, and totals):

Am I able to do this with a list (vs. a collection) of objects? If so, can you point me to a resource that can teach me how to retrieve that info in a way to accomplish that?

Also, the API sends a whole bunch of bookmakers, but I do not need them all. I only need 1, and I’m fairly ambivalent as to which one I use. I’ve been having trouble trying to manipulate the URL in a blank browser to do that. I’m not sure how connected this question is to the question above.

Thanks!

You would need to set a different variable by using the “formula functions” : https://docs.appgyver.com/reference/formula_functions/list
From how I understand your question, the FIND is one of them you will find helpful.

With these functions you can break down the large list and isolate the information you want to process.

At the beginning while learning with the formula functions, it is a helpful to convert the output into text with " ENCODE_JSON" and display it with a text-variable. So you can see, what snippets of the list (e.g. objects) the functions return.