SAP BTP Destinations - none can be seen

Is there any thing to do beyond enabling the BTP Auth for the app ?
I cannot see any destinations so far:

I have put them on both subaccount and CF space (instance) level of the SAP BTP development lobby .

Is there any specific naming convention for these destinations, etc ? Anything to search for in the marketplace ? Any ideas ?

thx; Piotr

3 Likes

From my Test,It looks like I need to set “WebIDEEnabled=True” in Additional Properties when setting Destination on BTP or it will not show up here.
But since nothing is documented, it seems better to wait for an official answer.

2 Likes

Yes, I hope this’d be added here.
https://docs.appgyver.com/docs/btp-destinations

1 Like

@Naoto_Sakai, thanks a lot. that property does indeed seem to be solving the destinations visibility issue in development lobby Composer Pro;

But that should be documented.
I have also validated that only the destinations on the BTP subaccount level are being considered at all.

Consider I have hundreds of destinations scattered across multiple SAP BTP regions and subaccounts. And I still need to define them in the BTP subaccount of my development lobby account.

cheers; Piotr

PS.
On a side note I am using the advanced OAuth2SAMLBearerAssertion authentication method with most of my BTP destinations against SAP LOB applicatons.
And as of today SAP Appgyver is not able to validate these destinations…at least in my development lobby test bed.

There is however a likely viable workaround. The SAPGraph service (also available as a free service) can nicely handle all types of destinations so in the end it could be used as a destination proxy ? This sth I will need to test time permitting

Hi all,
This has been documented now, sorry for the trouble. To be visible in the BTP destinations, it needs properties DynamicDestination=true and WebIDEEnabled=true.

Hi @Kirill_Leventcov , this sorts out the visibility of the development lobby subaccount level BTP destinations;

But mine are not being recognized in Composer Pro as valid destinations even if they are working smoothly in the productive code elsewhere on SAP BTP.

{“status”: 500, “statusText”: “Internal Server Error”, “headers”: {“content-type”:“application/json; charset=utf-8”,“etag”:“W/"d5-mLdEbKzdtlrg3EZdv52wpukVxhE"”}, “responseText”: “{"error":"write EPROTO 140307387840448:error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/rec_layer_s3.c:1546:SSL alert number 46\n","message":"unknown"}”}

What is the logic you apply to validate a destination ?
thx
Piotr

Do your S4/Hana instances include a IsCatalog = true metadata prop? That is a requirement for S4 availability.

Also make sure that all of them include the HTML5.DynamicDestination = true & AppgyverEnabled = true tags.

The docs were updated with that info as well.

Thanks @Kirill_Leventcov , still all these properties do not solve the root cause of a destination validation logic failure. kind regards; Piotr

PS. SAPGraph is a SAP BTP service that had the same challenges to overcome just a few months ago:

[Unboxing SAP Graph Early Adopter Release | SAP Blogs](Business destinations)

Hi, Kirill

I wonder where I need to put ’ DynamicDestination=true and WebIDEEnabled=true’?

Hi,

They are entered in the destination’s Additional properties in your BTP Sub-account. You will find this blog post useful (especially the ‘S/4HANA’ part):

Thanks always!
But I can’t understand how to set up the user for S/4HANA cloud. The content said that there are lots of related blog and information… But I don’t know that topic. Do you know related contents?

Hi,

Since that falls out of AppGyver’s scope, I am afraid I am unable to assist on that topic.

You can perhaps check out the ‘S/4 Hana Cloud’ topic on SAP Community: https://blogs.sap.com/tags/67837800100800007389/
and the official documentation on the Help portal: SAP Help Portal

@Sumi_Kang ,
In a nutshell when it comes to an SAP Business Application of the likes of SAP S/4HANA Cloud you need to know what you are up to. I mean what the business scenario you are about to implement is, etc…

It is a vast topic that eventually is beyond SAP Appgyver scope.
These blogs of mine: OAuth2SAMLBearerAssertion Flow with the SAP BTP Destination Service. S/4HANA Cloud. | SAP Blogs and
SAP Best Practices for SAP S/4HANA Cloud. | SAP Blogs
might help you assess what you need to know.

The 1st one follows the SAP’s official documentation focusing on OAuth2SAMLBearerAssertion destinations. The latter one helps with the navigation through the business content and scenarios.

You can also ask questions in the SAP Community.

I hope that helps;

PS. my other blogs are here: Quovadis-s4hc | SAP Blogs