Schemas match but AppGyver says elements are incompatible

Just a heads up:

I have a bunch of data in a nested schema that I GET when a user is set. I then put the data into different app variables. There are two chunks of the data where Composer is telling me the GET schema and the app variable schema are incompatible. However, I’ve checked many times and everything (names, nesting & data types) appear to be all identical, and it worked just fine after I set the app variable via formula.

It’s working fine for me thanks to the formulas. Just wanted to let you guys know. If you need more info about the bug, let me know.

Could you take a screenshots of the related schemas? I’d like to see what kind of nesting could cause this.

For sure. Here you go:

(My screenshot doesn’t line up exactly, but “point” is within “metro”:

(created_at and duration_in_minutes are on the same nesting level)

(location_id and start_utc are on the same level)

(is_approved and name are on the same level)

And the other:

Hi, based on these images I don’t understand which schemas here should match as the schemas in the images are completely different. Are these the App variable and GET schemas?

Let me clarify:

• I didn’t include side-by-side comparisons of the Data Sources and their corresponding App Variables as they’re the same. Would have simply been a lot of extra screen shots. These are the screenshots just from the data source.

• There are two Data Sources that Composer says are incompatible with their matching App Variables: activities_of_user (the first example) and user_groups (the second example).

If you want to do a side-by-side comparison, it’s app #173781. I got the above screenshots from Data Sources > User > GET Record. (Both chunks of data are part of the call to GET a user’s data. I then save activities_of_user to one App Variable (called activities_of_user) and the user_groups to another App Variable (called user_groups).

Is that more clear?

@Erin_Wagner, would it help, if you go through the properties in the “User” > GET Record in the activities_of_user list and ensure that “Value is required” is checked for everything?

This one is a little bit confusing, it means that if the property is always expected to be present in the response. Actually I think it should be checked by default here, so there might be a bug if that is not the case.

But you can check if that would help?

1 Like

@Kimmo, I ended up breaking up the big query into smaller ones so that I could more easily update the (no-longer) nested arrays as the user interacts with the data.

So not an issue I’m facing any longer, but hopefully that can help someone else who’s searching for a solution.

2 Likes