Show a saved variable on another screen

Hi everyone, I have developed an application with App Inventor and I would like to convert it with AppGyver to have Ios too. I’m trying to figure out how this platform works, but the way it works is very different, sorry if I say stupid things …
In Screen1 I have inserted a button. When I press the button I save a value in a variable (Key) and open Screen2.
In Screen2 I have a text field and a list.

1. how can I enter the value of the Key in an alert?
  2. how do i load values ​​into a list (es: V1, V2, V3, V4, V5…)?
    Thank you

On click of the button, Set an app variable with the value you assign to it.
That appVar lives across all pages.
Then you can call its value from page2, in an alert via dynamic binding.

How to load values into a list? It is a very general question
I think you need to follow the tutorials and read the documentation because you’re now basically asking how to use AppGyver and no one has time to explain it all :stuck_out_tongue:
…Unless you are much more specific in your question.

1 Like

Hi Fred, first of all thanks for replying.
I’m trying to understand how AppGyver works but I have some difficulties with videos because I know little English …
The written documentation I have found does not seem very comprehensive to me. If you have any indication to give me where to find it, I will be grateful. Many things (perhaps even more complex) I managed to understand them, for example how to connect to a database etc …
Then there are some trivial things that I still can’t understand …
For example how to load a list starting from a string of values ​​separated by a comma (“A1, A2, A3, A4, A5 …”. I could not find it anywhere even looking here on the forum.
Thanks again and sorry for the bother.

It is going to be extremely hard to develop on AppGyver, the most complicated “no code” tool out there, if you don’t master English. I consider myself bilingual and I still struggle on most documentation because it is very technical for non tech people like me.

You are asking too general a question about displaying a list of values - one of the most challenging topic to understand for people with no tech background. My general answer is that you should use repeat. :slightly_smiling_face: Bind it to a list of objects.

Hi Fred, and thanks again for your response.
Actually I should have a technological background. Although I am a little old and now retired (I am 67 years old …) I have always dealt with these things. I started 50 years ago with Fortran and punch cards … I went through Cobol and then through all the traditional languages ​​and various development systems. Lately, as a hobby, I have been devoting myself to developing an app on the history of my city. Which I have already done with AppInventor and then with Thunkable (which I know very well). I’ve seen AppGyver and I sense its great potential. In a few days I have already structured my app. I am missing something written to study on (everything I found I have already studied). I don’t have great difficulties with technical language (the texts I was studying when working on IBM mainframes were all in English …). My difficulties are in listening to the videos …
As for the “lists” I have already managed to find a way to load them using repeat with a preloaded variable. The problem is much simpler (I think) and that is how to make a string, with elements separated by a comma, in a list to be associated with the repeat button.
Which in AppInventor or Thunkable I do immediately with a block but here I can’t figure out how to do it …
To make you understand better, the many menus that make up my application are on a database (Airtable for Thunkable or MySql for AppInventor). Each record of a table is a menu. I read a record and a field shows all the menu items separated by a comma.
Now I have to unpack this field and insert the single items in a list.
It would also be useful for me to be able to see just examples.
In any case, thank you for the time you wasted on me.

I was able to solve the problem of turning a string into a list. :grinning:
I post my solution in case anyone will have the same problem.
I created a page variable of type List, and entered the formula SPLIT (String, “,”).

1 Like

Bravo! Now I understand what you were looking for.
You can find many solutions to your problems in this formula functions reference: Split - text