Some Android UI Issues (iOS works fine)

Hi,

I have identified some issues with Android version of my App (AppID: 176394). Everything what is mentioned below is working fine on iOS.

1. I have added a border to a button (white border) but the border is not showin on Android Devices, but on iOS it is working (login screen)
White border of the Login Button is not displayed in Android:

This is the border layout:

This is how it is looking on Android:

2. DropDown component is not showing on Android (Detailpage screen)
I have this page:

But on Android it looks like this:

3. When using the “List Item” Component the last entry is cut off (Settins screen)

This is how it should look like

This is the advanced layout options:

And this is how it looks like on Android

4. Slider is not showing on Android → (SettingListe screen)
This is how I designed it and it looks good on iOS

But on Android it is missing:

5. One Button is position absolute on the top of the screen, but on Android I cannot press it (it does not react) → SettingProfil Screen
This is the button and on iOS it works, but on Android not:

The button is displayed, but it is not reacting on press.

It would be glad if someone can have a look on these issues.

Thank you!

Hi! Can you provide more screenshots of the setups of each of these issues? There’s a lot of hoops for us to jump through in order to access your app, so it’s a lot faster (and other users are able to chime in as well) if you can show screenshots and explain your setup here :slight_smile:

Hi @Mevi , I updated my original post. I hope that helps! If you need more information, let me know.

Thanks!

Hi @Mevi ,

I just played around today again with Appgyver and the above issues: I was able to find some weird workarounds for the issues above, but unfortunately not for following twos:

1. I have added a border to a button (white border) but the border is not showin on Android Devices, but on iOS it is working (login screen)
White border of the Login Button is not displayed in Android:

This is the border layout:

This is how it is looking on Android:

3. When using the “List Item” Component the last entry is cut off (Settins screen)

This is how it should look like

This is the advanced layout options:

And this is how it looks like on Android

Are you able to help me with these two isses? Maybe some hints (it is only for Android).

Regarding the weird workarounds: I just added new components (e.g. Title) and set the Content to an empty string then it worked (e.g. Dropdown list was visible afterwards)

Thank you!

For what it’s worth, I have also added a white line around a button. I see the line on Android, but clicking on it a few times crashes the app. Works fine on iOS and desktop.

@David_Diamond can you please tell me how you configured the border of the button?

Three buttons set a variable state, when clicked. A formula sets the border based on that variable state.

Hmm, come to think of it, I wonder if I put a little delay between setting the variable and considering it, if that might help. I’ll try this today.

My crash seems to have stemmed from setting variables right after one another in the Page Mounted flow. When I put a delay of even 5ms between them, Android stopped crashing.

Thanks for the information. I tried it as well with setting with page variable, but it did not help for me …

can you please tell me which border settings you use and set?

These ones?

Here’s an image that shows what’s going on.

On the buttons, the “Width” is a formula that sets the border to either 0 or 2, depending on the value of the vRegion variable. When a button is clicked, vRegion is set to the name of the button, and that button get highlighted.

(Note that I’m also making the text of the button brighter, but this is done in exactly the same way, so I didn’t include that in this image.)

This is working reliably for me on Android, iOS and web.

(Earlier, I mentioned a crash on Android. This was because in addition to setting vRegion, I was also setting another variable right afterward. Putting a “Delay” between them fixed that crash, but I found another way to do what I was trying to do, so I didn’t need to set two variables.)

Thank you for the explanation @David_Diamond. Unfortunately this also did not help in my case. What I did now is: I put a additional container only for the button and set the container border, which is working for Android and iOS (and removed the border of the button).

So this one I also got fixed. Thanks again!

2 Likes