Hello, I’m wondering if I missed a trick with the new runtime. I’m trying really hard to iron out all the kinks so I can abandon Legend forever but I am still having a couple of issues, not sure if this specific one is just me missing a new config.
Basically, I have a working create account & login flow which is working as expected in Legend but giving me a strange quirk in the new runtime. I’m using Xano backend, preview app on iOS on an iPhone 12, app ID is 149046.
Here’s what happens:
- I land on the ‘login’ page (no auth required)
- I switch to ‘create an account’ page (no auth required)
- I add an email and password and click ‘sign up’
- Xano is called and my user is created successfully
- I am redirected back to the login page (tested both with ‘navigate back’ and ‘navigate to page’, no impact on issue)
- I enter the email and password
- I click login
- A bunch of Xano endpoints are called, these all run successfully
- For testing sake, I added an alert saying ‘process complete’ as the penultimate step in the flow, I see this
- The final step in the flow is ‘Dismiss initial view’ (also tested with ‘navigate to page’, no impact on issue)
- This appears to not work correctly because it just refreshes and leaves me on the login page
Then, if I stay in the preview app, ie. I do not leave and close the app:
- If I enter the email and password again, the same behaviour is experienced, it refreshes the login page instead of closing initial view/redirecting to another page (the first page which requires authentication)
However, if I close the preview app and reopen it, and then try to log in, the final navigation function of the login flow does work and it redirects me to the landing page.
TLDR: if I create and account and then try to log in without exiting and returning I can’t, if I exit the app and return I can.
If I repeat all of this in the Legend preview app, it works as expected. This is not a huge issue for me since I guess at some point I’ll stick some kind of verification step in between create & login but just wondering if I missed something in the new runtime.