Test iOS Builds

Is there any method that we can test ios builds apart from testflight which has many requirements?

After 2+ hours of searching the web on how to test my ipa build on any kind of emulator/simulator on pc, I came to the conclusion that IT CANNOT BE DONE!
There are plenty of programs that claim to do so (mostly paid) but I couldn’t make any of them work.
Is it possible to test apps via a test build in appetize.io website??

Thanks

1 Like

Download Apple Configurator 2 on your mac then connect your iOS device with your lightning cable. You should be able to copy the ipa to your iPhone.

1 Like

But first…let’s buy an iphone :sweat_smile:
You see, what i like with emulators is that they are like 90% identical to physical devices.
Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Will try to find a device

2 Likes

UPDATE
It won’t install to a physical device “because it’s integrity could not be verified”.
Apparently you need UDID that’s embedded to distribution cert. and provisioning profile (?)
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8316167

1 Like

My bad, I didn’t actually see that you wanted to test on an emulator and not a real device. have you tried the iPhone emulator on Xcode? you’ll need to install iOS on that emulator first for you to be able to test (You can clone the ios code on github).

1 Like

I haven’t tried this method with an appgyver app but I think you can verify the integrity of the app using the Transporter app

1 Like

Hey Lincoln thanks for your help.
What I did:
• run Big Sur on VMWare with the latest xcode.
• extract the app file from inside ipa then drag and drop into simulator
• simulator gives an error regarding os version probably because its 14.4 and says ‘developer must update to the latest version’
So no luck with simulator from xcode

On the other front:
• downloaded the Configurator 2
• connected a physical device
• upon installing the app with drag&drop i get an error about integrity as I mentioned
• went to developer portal, registered a new device, generated a new provisioning profile, generated a new build with that profile, still the same error.

Now the only thing that’s left is: try with the method you mentioned on cloning the app and trying to verify the integrity with transporter and see the log what is going on.

2 Likes

For me Appium Studio it’s working.