Tutorial for Google OAuth2?

Anybody knows what is the flow or tutorial for Google OAuth2? I could not find the complete tutorial for this.

Really need this tutorial specifically for a non-coder person.

Hi,

We don’t have a specific tutorial for OAuth2, but here’s a forum thread that seems to explain the process quite well. If it’s too complex, I would first look up each headline from the AppGyver documentation to get a better understanding of each phase and component :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Cecilia_Berg , I have read the documentation and forum thread. But there is no complete documentation for OAuth2.

I am using Xano as my backend database. There are 4 API related with OAuth2.
API 1: oauth/google/init which require redirect_uri and returns url, code, path, access_type, client_id, redirect_uri, scope and approval_prompt. This API will initiate Google login, which require the user to select/key in email and google password.
API 2: oauth/google/login which require code and redirect_uri. It will return token, name, and email.
API 3: oauth/google/signup which require code and redirect_uri. It will return token, name, and email.
API 4: oauth/google/continue which require code and redirect_uri. It will return token, name, and email.

I have read this forum from Erin_Wagner which needs to start oauth2 with open URL and process the return data via App brought to foreground via URL trigger.

Based on my understanding as mention here by @Harri_Sarsa , API 1 will create a code and send back the code to either API 2,3 or 4.

This the output for API 1 by using appgyverrn:// in url. However, this will not produce Google login page.
image.

If I am using http:// or https:// in the API in the url, open url will open browser to Google login page. However, it does not redirect back to the apps which means, the code does not return back to Appgyver for me to run API 2,3 or 4.

If I am using appgyverrn:// in redirect uri, google will not recognise the redirect uri.

1 Like

I also asked Xano how to use their API. Hopefully, Appgyver can assists me how to proceed.

Hi,
Looks like nobody can use Google Auth or Facebook Auth with Appgyver + XANO.
Any comments ?
Cheers,
Miguel

Hi @Amir_Arshad - I’ve had the same issue. Either Google and Backendless don’t redirect the system back to my app either on the web or on mobile.

Does anyone have an answer for this?