Unable to build iOS app - Command failed with exit code 65 (EHOSTUNREACH)

Hi! we have been following the steps you guys have in your documentation to create the certificates and build the app on iOS but we keep getting this error log we don’t fully understand. Not quite sure what the problem is so not sure how to address it. Thanks! Here’s the error:

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

Command failed with exit code 65 (EHOSTUNREACH): xcodebuild CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Tiempo Relativo S.L. (JFNPWK6N47) OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=–keychain /Users/ec2-user/Library/Keychains/AppGyver-Testing -workspace /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/RNVApp.xcworkspace -scheme RNVApp -sdk iphoneos -configuration Release archive -archivePath /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/release/RNVApp.xcarchive

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

Error: Command failed with exit code 65 (EHOSTUNREACH): xcodebuild CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Tiempo Relativo S.L. (JFNPWK6N47) OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=–keychain /Users/ec2-user/Library/Keychains/AppGyver-Testing -workspace /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/RNVApp.xcworkspace -scheme RNVApp -sdk iphoneos -configuration Release archive -archivePath /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/release/RNVApp.xcarchive
at makeError (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:58:11)
at handlePromise (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/index.js:112:26)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

Hi @Jorge_Barriobero, what’s your app ID (number sequence in project URL) and which runtime are you using to build the app? There’s a chance that this is a temporary network error or it could be related to your build assets. Is there any more helpful information in the log before the “Archive failed” error?

Hi @Mari ,
The app ID is 320787 and the runtime version is 3.3.3
I don’t fully understand how to read the log. I’ve been revisioning it and here’s some other info:

I’ve seen this claim of an invalid certificate:
error: Signing certificate is invalid. Signing certificate "iPhone Distribution: Tiempo Relativo S.L. […] is not valid for code signing. It may have been revoked or expired. (in target ‘react-native-netinfo’ from project ‘Pods’)

Maybe I messed up following the steps creating it, but I have done it multiple times :frowning:

Also I’ve seen this:

(node:71275) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cat’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
(node:71275) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cd’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:71275) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘chmod’ of module exports inside circular dependency
(node:71275) Warning: Accessing non-existent property ‘cp’ of module exports inside circular dependency
[…]
And goes on with several properties

Thanks!

Hi, the signing certificate error is likely to blame for the build failing. It could be an error in the configuration or a bug on Apple’s end, as a quick Google search for the error shows that there are many other developers with the same issue.

Clearing any certificates you have now and starting from scratch according to the instructions might help. So a new iOS Distribution (App Store and Ad Hoc) type cert and a new matching provisioning profile, and maybe even consider changing the bundle identifier if it doesn’t work otherwise.

Hi @Mari ,
I have follow the process a few more times. New certificates, provisioning profile and identifier each time. The signing certificate error is gone, but it still not working. Just showing the first error message:

Summary

Command failed with exit code 65 (EHOSTUNREACH): xcodebuild CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Tiempo Relativo S.L. (JFNPWK6N47) OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=–keychain /Users/ec2-user/Library/Keychains/AppGyver-Testing -workspace /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/RNVApp.xcworkspace -scheme RNVApp -sdk iphoneos -configuration Release archive -archivePath /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/release/RNVApp.xcarchive

** ARCHIVE FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
ProcessInfoPlistFile /Users/ec2-user/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/RNVApp-dpjjpjzawzelspazgdgguglbluyw/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/RNVApp/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/RNVApp.app/Info.plist /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/RNVApp/Info.plist
(1 failure)

Error: Command failed with exit code 65 (EHOSTUNREACH): xcodebuild CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Tiempo Relativo S.L. (JFNPWK6N47) OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=–keychain /Users/ec2-user/Library/Keychains/AppGyver-Testing -workspace /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/RNVApp.xcworkspace -scheme RNVApp -sdk iphoneos -configuration Release archive -archivePath /Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/packages/app-standalone/platformBuilds/app_423032_ios/release/RNVApp.xcarchive
at makeError (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/lib/error.js:58:11)
at handlePromise (/Users/ec2-user/app-builder/STAGING/client/node_modules/rnv/node_modules/execa/index.js:112:26)
at runMicrotasks ()
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)

Thanks

@Jorge_Barriobero The problem seems to be with the project’s Info.plist file but unfortunately I don’t know what could solve this issue, I’ve created a bug ticket for you here: