Unable to pick value from result schema to display on the app

Hi Experts,
I am calling an Google Books API with ISBN code.
The result appears in JSON format. pasted the same at the bottom
My requirement is to pick up Title and Author from the result which I trying to do with a Custom Schema, but with the Key as title when I am using for an additional property no result is published on the app.
Please suggest how can I achieve the desired data on the App.

Thanks in advance
Shyam

Result:
{
“kind”: “books#volumes”,
“totalItems”: 688,
“items”: [
{
“kind”: “books#volume”,
“id”: “CN5rDgAAQBAJ”,
“etag”: “kgMOE4IzNL8”,
“selfLink”: “https://www.googleapis.com/books/v1/volumes/CN5rDgAAQBAJ”,
“volumeInfo”: {
“title”: “Head Over Heels”,
“authors”: [
“Jill Mansell”
],
“publisher”: “Sourcebooks, Inc.”,
“publishedDate”: “2017-09-05”,
“description”: “Read the book that made New York Times bestseller Jill Mansell a household name—published in the United States for the first time! “Jill Mansell keeps on getting better…” —Good Housekeeping Everyone thinks they know their neighbors, but nobody knows what scandalous surprise is going to happen next. Interior designer Jessie Roscoe has kept the identity of her son’s father a secret for years. But when her old flame and actor Toby Gillespie moves in next door, it doesn’t take long for the truth to be revealed, and for Tony to meet the son he never knew he had. Toby’s wife, Deborah, seems to take it stride. But would she be so composed if she knew that the chemistry between Toby and Jessie was flaring up again? Jessie can’t fathom a happy ending in this spider web of complicated relationships, but there are plenty more surprises to come, and many shocking truths to be revealed.”,
“readingModes”: {
“text”: true,
“image”: false
},
“maturityRating”: “NOT_MATURE”,
“allowAnonLogging”: true,
“contentVersion”: “1.4.4.0.preview.2”,
“panelizationSummary”: {
“containsEpubBubbles”: false,
“containsImageBubbles”: false
},
“imageLinks”: {
“smallThumbnail”: “http://books.google.com/books/content?id=CN5rDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=5&source=gbs_api”,
“thumbnail”: “http://books.google.com/books/content?id=CN5rDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&img=1&zoom=1&source=gbs_api
},
“previewLink”: “Head Over Heels - Jill Mansell - Google Books”,
“infoLink”: “Head Over Heels - Jill Mansell - Google Books”,
“canonicalVolumeLink”: “Head Over Heels - Jill Mansell - Google Books
},
“saleInfo”: {
“country”: “IN”
},
“accessInfo”: {
“country”: “IN”,
“epub”: {
“isAvailable”: true
},
“pdf”: {
“isAvailable”: true
},
“accessViewStatus”: “NONE”
}
}
]
}

there is no reason try to make a custom schema, you can make a test request, and set the schema from the response, then you will have access in the app.
you can see more here at 5:00

Hi Dimos,

Thanks for your response. I have a little different response structure which the API gives.
With the current response I am able to pick only 2 fields “Kind” “totalItems”.
This is where I need the help to pick the value inside another value.
Pasting the snippet of the response again

you mean that you tried setting the schema from the response and then you cant access it in the app?

Absolutely true, for example I am trying to pick title from the response. First it is not accessible using the response schema. Using custom schema if I add still it is not showing on the app

thats weird, i cant think of anything

Hi! Setting schema from response should work and automatically create you the correct schema.

If you want to create it by hand, items looks to be a List of Objects with fields such as kind, id, etag, selfLink and Object type field volumeInfo with fields such as title, and author, which is type List of Strings.

If you need to use this kind of data in your UI, you will need to use formulas to access it. In that case the formula to access something like the title field could be (defaulting to first in every list) data.yourDataVariableNameHere.items[0].volumeInfo[0].title. If you need to access a specific item from the list of items, you will need to use a formula like FIND with a formula like LOOKUP for instance. Please check the formulas out in their documentation either from the formula editor or directly in our documentation.

Hi Mevi,

Thanks for your help. It works like a charm.

Shyam