Updating exisiting app with an AppGyver app

I had already created an app using AppyPie and uploaded it on Google Playstore. It has been live for a couple of weeks. I have now recreated the same app in AppGyver. I wish to build it and submit it in place of the previous one, as an update.

Whenever I try to build it, I get an error:

How can I proceed please?
I have a App signing key certificate and Upload key certificate in Google Console for my already existing Appypie app, which had been uploaded as an .aab file. Would the keystore that is required by Appgyver for configuring the build correspond to either of the two certificates?

The only way that will work is your need to use the exact same keystore file you used to sign your AppyPie app with your Appgyver app. And even then it may not be an Upgrade path for your current users if the core libraries are too different.

Thank you for the response.
The AppyPie app was uploaded as an .aab file, and I opted for App Signing, so I have an App signing key certificate and Upload key certificate, but I’m not sure how to find the keystore file. Any ideas, please?
I tried to build my AppGyver app again. I uploaded the Upload key certificate. The build failed with this error:
Execution failed for task ‘:app:validateSigningRelease’.

Keystore file not set for signing config release

If the core libraries would be too different, what would you recommend I do?

Im not sure but I think you should generate a new keystore file and then send a request to Google Dev Support to change your AppyPie Upload certificate to your new keystore. I think youre allowed to do this exactly 1 time for the life of the app. Otherwise just send them a message to ask how to go about doing this.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’ll try that.