Rica ederim, ne demek
This is actually related to AppGyver variables. I have created page variables but having data variables makes it easier to map the values on the “Create Record” flow. Though it is not a critical error, just a way of working.
I’m not that much familiar with Firebase but to my knowledge, it is not possible to customize the firebase authentication. I would achieve that by using firestore database and appgyver’s front end capabilities:
- Create an access table (collection) in firestore
As fields, I’d have Role, Screen Name, Screen Access (0 - No Access, 1 - Read-Only Access, 2 - Write Access)
- Add Role field in User your Users Collection (which is a collection that you create to store user info)
- Create page variable called AccessRight. On the screen, set visibility/read-only formulas based on the value of that page variable.
- When the page launches, call the access table and check if this user has access or not.
Of course, this is only useful if you’re going to have multiple roles that you’ll regularly update. You can also have a true/false value called IsAdmin and do the same checks.
Then for restricting reading the data there are Firestore security rules but I haven’t got into that yet honestly.
I love the amount of time you tend to put into your explanations… It makes a massive difference. Thank you.
Upon writing to you I have done a fair bit of reading and the only “work around” does seem to include a variety of log in protocols which complicates it more for some than it does for others so thus granting Google verified users to have a specific authority while telephone verified users to have another and so forth.
Not that they can have additional variables in their registration but just that you can set it as a differentiating factor between users as their unique ID is dependent.
NONE the LESS: this is pretty much useless in our so mentioned scenario since the verification method is what determines the accessibility rights. Not the administrator.
So it brings us back to what you saw to it as a way out as well (I initially seem to have misinterpreted your statements with subjectivity of rather high hopes it seems. As now I read it: it is more clear ad ever more clearer with your added explanations)
This as well as “Disabled:true/false” is pretty much what I had chosen to go for.
Why it was so great for my part to be able to add users from the app itself was basically client-oriented. As the people to use it are not “technically inclined” to say the least.
So it would be great to have them be able to modify accounts from the app itself instead of logging into fireBase and manually adding names.
The way I see as a workaround is for them to be sent a list of new users and for them to be able to modify their authorities from the app later on. Pretty much exactly how you say you would go…
- Client verifies identity via valid email. Those that s/he needs to give direct access are going to have to have SOME email set-up in order to register (Sadly; even in a country where almost EVERY one has a Facebook account… There are specific businesses where technology just does not correctly visit).
- User with administrative authority receives a list of the users and grants them authorities according to how s/he sees fit through uploading "tag"s per user (pretty much like your proposed method).
- This newly granted authority determines their “accessibility” to specific visibility and/or functions.
This is much manual work whilst preparing its interface on my part as I see it… But it solves a lot of things…
Thank you once again for your generously donated time for explaining everything in a surprisingly clear way yet once again!
Your sign up flow and methods working for me. But after succesful signup and then succesful firebase login, flow doesn’t navigate to a page which needs authenticated user only.
I am new to Appgyver but quiet experienced in software development. But I couldn’t solve this problem because I couldn’t understand the problem. This is my Signup button action flow. Why do you think it doesn’t navigate me to any page? (Other than Initial page. It works and then dismiss inital page automatically)