Using a dropdown list to open a page

I am trying to use a dropdown field to move from my home page to secondary pages. Since this I am brand new and don’t know what I don’t know, I am not sure where to look to find the answer. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Basically you would bind the “Value” property of your dropdown to an app variable that you create. Sadly there is not a way (that I know of) in AppGyver to dynamically reference a page or variable, so your next step would be a tree of “IF” logic blocks that say, “if appVars.pageName = {page1}, then open page1; else, if appVars.pageName = {page2}, then open page2; …” etc.

Someone smarter than me may have a better solution.

This sounds really helpful, so many thanks! but could you give a little more info please… I have the “IF condition” logic block, but can’t see where I enter what the conditions are. I am sure that this is obvious to the seasoned eye, but it is eluding me at the moment.

Click the block, then in its “Condition” property (you see its properties on the right hand side when it’s selected), select Binding Type = formula. Then input a formula syntax similar to what I wrote above (“if appVars.pageName = {whateverYouChooseToSignifyYourFirstPage}”). I think you would probably benefit from watching the tutorials and just messing around with formulas & canvas objects for a while.

Thank you. For my purposes, I believe it will be easier to have a large grouping of buttons unless you can suggest another way.

1 Like

many many thanks! Yes I need to spend more time with tutorials but your answer seemed to get me so close to where I needed to be that I couldn’t wait!

2 Likes