Using iPad 6 / 7/ 8th Gen for Composer Pro

Has anyone successfully used iPad 6/7/8th Gen for composer pro using browser/desktop view?

Planning to get an used iPad of any of the above gen ipads instead of a PC for convenient reasons.

But would like to know if there would be any situation where I may face difficulty in creating an app?

Would I need a mouse or can pencil / touch be used?

It doesn´t work as far as I am aware on any touch screen devices.

As per the below forum post, it seems to have worked with desktop site mode and mouse connected. But trying to get more info/confirmation about the performance and about pencil usage instead of mouse.

1 Like

I have not tested with the Apple Pencil, but as far as I have researched, it behaves as a stylus. So it should work in theory. I hope somebody has tried it before and can give you an exact answer.

UPD: Tried using Composer with an Apple Pencil. It does not seem to work, unfortunately; as the pencil does not emulate the mouse movements.

Thank you for checking this Kirill. Just to confirm, does iPad with mouse works fine as desktop replacement or would there be any functional issues? (As apart from that one forum post I don’t see anyone else tested or talking about it)
Also please let know the iPad model you use to test as am planning for an old iPad pro 1st gen or ipad 7/8 th gen.

Well, it seems to work with an external mouse and keyboard. I have asked some people around to test it, and it worked. But keep in mind that AppGyver is not (yet) designed for mobile devices and any issues you experience most likely will be out of our control.
As for the question of performance, I do not have access to the iPad models you mentioned.

Here is a Demo of using an external mouse+keyboard on an iPad.

2 Likes

Great. Thank you Kirill for the time and effort by you people to check this. It looks good though we can’t expect PC like experience while using all the features and could face issues as it’s not officially supported.
Btw, what’s the model that you people used to test this? It will be helpful for others as well when need arises.

It looks good though we can’t expect PC like experience while using all the features and could face issues as it’s not officially supported.

Yes, that is the exact point!

Btw, what’s the model that you people used to test this? It will be helpful for others as well when need arises.

iPad Pro '19-20