Variables not compatible - list of objects with XX properties

I sometimes feel like I am going around in circles when it comes to AppGyver and issues like this. My objective here is to get files (pictures) to upload to Firestore, however getting variable assignments to work is one of the most painful things I have done.

I have a page variable “selected_photos” that should be a list of photo objects generated from the “pick files” logic node.

As you can see, the description for the list (selected_photos) says list of object with 1 property, whereas the photo itself actually has 6 properties. Why is this?

Because of this I am unable to assign anything to the Firebase Storage Upload Files logic node

Any ideas of ways to make this happen? Is there any plans to improve the way variables are assigned? This problem is a recurring issue for me, I just haven’t been able to jockey around it this time.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in answer! The issue is in the setup of your page variable. You have no created the following page variable:

selected_photos: [
    photo: {
        createdAt: ...
        downloadUrl: ...
        etc.
    }, 
    photo: {
        etc.
    }
]

When you actually are aiming for:

selected_photos: [
    {
        etc.
    },
    {
        etc.
    }
]

So the difference is very small and I understand how confusing it can be! So just remove the photo object from the page variable schema, like this:

and it should bind fine :slight_smile: