Webbuild and Android App does not connect to database directly

On my Website the user only can see the initial view. At the initial view some things are shown which are connected to the database. But if i try to use them, it does not work. I always get my error message.
Only if i login and dismiss the initial view, the things are working. Then if i logout and the initial view is back, everything is working too. But if i reload the Website, nothing is working at all until i had login one time. Same problem with the created Android App, it’s not connecting to the database directly. Only after i logged in first time, it works. No matter if i logout or not.
But also when i am logging in, i get the error message. (but nethertheless it’s logging in)

I hope it’s an internal error at your site. Do you have any ideas to solve this?
If it does not work my 30h of Website building weren’t useful.
What i also detected is that the websitename next to the Favicon is not the actual name. (I’ve changed it from Quiz to Quizzie, but it does not get refreshed. (I changed the name before launching the website)

You can see in the Video that every time at acting with the database there is an error.
And after the login some things are working.
(I’m sorry most things are german)

In the Android Preview Version everything works well. In Webpreview some things are not shown everytime at start (which are data from database)

Hmm, it’s difficult to say what’s going on, but my initial guess is that there is some race condition in your app logic which on standalone happens to finish in a different order than on preview. The standalone is in general faster than the preview, so we have encountered something like this a couple of times, and what it required was checking/waiting that the data is loaded before trying to use it in other logic etc. refactoring logic to work in a way that there is no chance of ending up in a weird state. I can’t really help much with this type of problems, but I recommend going through your app logic with this in mind.

Are you still experiencing problems with the favicon?

I don’t know if this is a problem with my app logic, because i only added that if i click on the login button, an other button should be hidden and if i later click on the logout button the button i have hidden before should be shown. But this does not work. (I built lougout and login on same page, with hidden containers, which will get visible if you click on a specified show logout or login container button. And i want the “show logout container - button” be invisible if you’re not logged in and same with the “show login container - button” if you are logged in.

Yes, the problem with the name of the webpage still exists. The meant app named quizzie, but it only shows “Quiz” next to the favicon. But this was the name of the app before i launched the webpage and i also already changed the name of this. (But it’s an other project than the one at the first part)

Regarding the visibility – how are you changing it? Our recommended way is to use a formula and/or page/app variable to hide/show components from their visibility property. It’s also possible to do this with a set component property flow function, but I would not recommend this, and if you have used that flow function, I would recommend doing it the other way instead.

The app rename not working is a bug, I’ll investigate if we can fix it in a timely manner or what we can do about it :thinking:

I updated the other place the app name is stored to Quizzie manually, so rebuilding the web app now should fix it! Having “Web app title” as a configurable property in Build Service is also on the backlog.

Yes, i now choosed app variable and it works.
Before i tried with page variable. That weren’t working.