Website development on Appgyver

Hi, I will like to know if it is possible for me to build a website here as well as a native mobile app please.

Hi John! First of all welcome to the community.

And yes you can build a website and native mobile apps without code.

However, you may need to take into consideration your back-end requirements in order to know whether or not App Gyver is suitable for your use case.

As shown here, App Gyver currently supports these types of backends/storage resources:

• Client-side storage – data stored on the device/web browser itself; cannot be shared between different devices

• REST API direct integration – direct integration to an external JSON-based API

• AppGyver Cloud Storage – a hobby-use only Database-as-a-Service provided by AppGyver

• AppGyver Cloud Integration – a full Backend-as-a-Service and integration platform provided by AppGyver; available on enterprise plans only

So hopefully one of the above-supported backends for your website/app will work for you.

Hi Divine,

Thanks for getting back in touch with me.

This is great to know, to give you an idea of the scale of my project, it is going to be a social media micro-blogging platform (sort of like Twitter), where users will have their profiles, they be making posts in the form of texts, videos, pictures and attachments and follow and being followed, sending Instant Messages, share data etc; although we are looking at starting from an MVP level so the initial number of users may not be as much but can have the potential to increase in a few months after; so which backend/storage option would you suggest for this?

Also, I am planning on enlisting the help of a developer to help me develop this on Appgyver, so with this brief overview of the project, roughly how long do you think it should take to develop the website and the native app and how much do you think I should pay for such a project?

Finally, when we build build the website, will the domain name contain ‘appgyver’ in the domain name and if so, is there a way we can do away with it?

P.s Do you have any developers working with Appgyver that can help me with my project?

Thanks,

John.

Divine_Maredi
July 31

Hi John! First of all welcome to the community.

And yes you can build a website and native mobile apps without code.

However, you may need to take into consideration your back-end requirements in order to know whether or not App Gyver is suitable for your use case.

As shown here, App Gyver currently supports these types of backends/storage resources:

• Client-side storage – data stored on the device/web browser itself; cannot be shared between different devices

• REST API direct integration – direct integration to an external JSON-based API

• AppGyver Cloud Storage – a hobby-use only Database-as-a-Service provided by AppGyver

• AppGyver Cloud Integration – a full Backend-as-a-Service and integration platform provided by AppGyver; available on enterprise plans only

So hopefully one of the above-supported backends for your website/app will work for you.

To answer your question about the best backend to use, it looks like the REST API option would work judging by your type of project. But maybe you may have a different opinion on this one.

And to be completely honest, I can’t really say how long it will take to develop, but if it’s an MVP and the developer has good knowledge of AppGyver, I’d estimate a few months, if not 1. But that’s really dependent on the person developing it. But the whole goal of no-code is to be able to ship to market faster.

Then regarding the domain name, you will be able to use your custom domain because you’ll get a generated build file that consists of HTML and JavaScript files and you can simply host those files on a server, I was able to do it on a cPanel environment.

And regarding me having AppGyver developers on my team…Unfortunately I don’t, I’m currently a single developer also learning the ropes of AppGyver myself.

Hopefully this info helps out!

Thanks Divine,

In terms of the back end option, can I change it or perhaps upgrade it to a bigger database if things pick up on my website?

With regards to domain names, apart from GoDaddy, do you know of other places where I can buy domain names?

Also, do the appgyver team provide technical supports like bug testing after a website or app has been deployed into market?

By the way, do you know where I can find good software developers to help in developing my MVP by using Appgyver or do you have enough experience to work on this project?

Thanks,

John.

Yes you can always change your database/backend when things pickup, but the migration of data is something to give careful thought to regarding errors that can come up.

And there are tons of places you can buy domain names, www.namecheap.com is just one popular example.

The App Gyver team does give good support, with this forum being the main channel I believe, and the community can assist a great deal too.

And regarding where to find an App Gyver developer, perhaps places like Freelancer.com or Upwork.com has one you can work with.

And personally I’m working on my own project so unfortunately, I can’t assist, but thanks for asking anyway. :wink:

Thank you very much my friend I really appreciate your help. For me, my main concern is that I don’t have any experience in software development so I am outsourcing my project to a company in India so i’m just concerned as to how to run the maintenance of the site and app after they have completed the project and gone leaving me with it.

By the way, I don’t know if you remember the description of my project that I gave you yesterday, but the team at India are wanting to charge me $2,400 for the development using Appgyver, I think this is too much seeing as they will be using such a helpful platform where most of the work has been done for the developer, what amount would you suggest to be a good price for me to pay them for this type of project and by the way, do you know any other software developers personally that you can refer me to and which country are you based in?

John.

I think pricing is a bit subjective, so I’m hesitant to suggest a price, perhaps if you talk with them and tell them a budget your comfortable with then maybe they can decrease it? But then again, it could be low enough from their perspective, lol.

And unfortunately I don’t know any1 personally I could refer you to, most of the people I know are native developers.

Sure, thanks my friend I really appreciate your work and feel free to share your project with me when it’s done so I can provide some feedback.

It’s a pleasure, and I’ll happily do so. :wink:

And Feel free to do the same.

To your success!