I’ve got a set of different card components populated by a data resource and filtered by categories. At the top, I have a recommended card component that is based on the user’s interest and filtered based on a page variable.
In the new runtime, it does not automatically populate the recommended section. Prior to the runtime update, it worked just fine. In the new runtime, if I put that exact same filtering logic in one of the category cards the logic works just fine. Thus it is not the logic itself but something else.
I can’t seem to figure out how to get it to populate. I’ve tried a delay node for showing the component on page mount & focus which worked at first but no longer works. I’m pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to get the recommended card to display.
Hi William! Do I understand correctly that both the recommended and the category take from the same data resource and use SELECT to narrow down the dataset, only in the recommended section this happens based on a page variable? It would be helpful if you could post the formulas that you are using, so we can try to replicate the issue and find out what’s going on here.
It appears moving to the repeated with parameter vs. the visible parameter using a SELECT function with the same CONTAINS logic (except replacing “current.” to “item.” has resolved the issue. Here’s the formula for those who want to mimic what I did:
The JOIN approach works, although what you are doing is you’re basically converting your lists of texts into a string. It could be better to stick with the list format – adding stuff into a string is easy, getting them out is a bit harder.
First you could use UNION to join the lists into one, and then IS_IN_ARRAY instead of CONTAINS to find individual items in there. So