Will AppGyver Cloud Integration be Tiered?

I’ve evaluated MANY no-code platforms. All the big names. And I must say, this new Composer Pro hits all the bases. I could list all the things I like, but it’s a long list. Unlike all the others, that make populating a list or table a real chore of jumping through hoops, now Apgyver simply allows you to bind any data variable to any screen object. Wow! And, the Logic Canvas is pure Genius!

Looking around at my choices for remote data access, the simplest and most elegant solution seems to be AppGyver’s built in Cloud Storage, along with the integrated authentication to manage user accounts. The fact that it’s available for “hobby use” only is not really a deterrent. Even if my app had just a dozen… or even a hundred beta users… it’s still NOT production. So at this point I don’t need promises of data integrity.

Here’s my quandary. I want to use AppGyver to develop my SAAS app, along with the the built in Cloud Storage, (even if it will be six months or even a year before the full Enterprise offering is made available.) I have no problem with that. But there is no way my glorified forum app, is going to generate anywhere near ten million dollars a year in revenue. In fact in the beginning, I will be offering this free, (as is so common with new applications these days.)

So here’s my question. When the fee based Enterprise Cloud service is made available, will the pricing structure be tiered to accommodate independent developers and small startups??

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind feedback! :slight_smile:

The plan is definitely to provide an indie-affordable cloud storage option at some point, plus migrating to e.g. Firebase if everything else is running fine is not a huge issue either. So I think you’ll be fine – just drop us a line when you need 100% data integrity and reliable performance and we’ll see what the suggested best practice is.

3 Likes

@Townsend is spot on with my exact same SAAS support needs. I built an SAAS on Microsoft AZURE using Visual Studio Lightswitch and was in full production with commercial clients until Silverlight was dropped and my system became unsupported and had to be killed. I have high hopes that AppGyver will be my replacement solution. However, like @Townsend, I will need to ramp up and a tiered pricing model with a low cost entry point while ramping up will be critical. Just my 2 cents worth.

I second @Townsend too.

It has been almost 6 months now, has there been any updates/upgrades on this matter?
If I were to use Appgyver’s backend for my beta version (“hobby use” in terms of bandwidth and user count but production-like in terms of goals and ambition), which one of your service shall I use - Cloud Storage or Cloud Integration - given that I don’t want my data to be in limbo 3-6 months from now?

Thank you.

Hi Harry,
Do you have any update about Appgyver’s plan for an tiered backend? By end of year, sometime in 2021?
Can I implement sign-in/login with the hobby use backend with no risk of lost integrity?
Thanks.

Sorry for the abysmal response time! We hope to get a tiered BaaS that has database + auth but not necessarily custom integrations to beta hopefully even before year’s end, with full rollout targeted for Q1 – but timetables constantly evolve, so we’ll keep everyone posted when we know for sure.

You should be fine to use the current cloud stuff if you’re happy with the “best-effort” SLA and terms of service – while we haven’t had any major incidents and the data itself is hosted in MongoDB Cloud with world-class infra, we are not promising anything that could produce liability. Once we have the new product out, it will be different.

1 Like